Application of single crystal diamond
Expanding of application field
- Precise Cutting Tool Blank
- Tool blanks may applied in precision cutting tool or wear resistant tools. EDP is supplying blanks having the edge length longer than 10mm, which EDP is on;ly one supplier of such blanks. The hardness of EDP’s blank is harder than HPHT crystals which results better wear resistance. 2 point crystal, (110) orientation , is also fabricated.
- Substrate for device application
- EDP’s substrate is suitable material for researching on diamond semiconducting devices. Smaller size of 10x10mm for mono-crystal and up to 25x25mm for mosaic crystals can be supplied. Very thin substrate thinner than 50μm or thick substrate of 2.5mm in thickness are available. Regular orientation is （100） but （111） orientation can be supplied.
- Optical parts
- EDP’s crystals can be applied in optical parts for UV to far IR. The superior characteristics allow to be exposed for high energy density beam. High transparent window for X-ray can be fabricated by ultra thin plate.
- Heat spreader
- EDP’s crystal has the ideal thermal diffusion coefficient and contribute to protect devices from generated heat.